Darshi: Seeding, sprouting and working hard in the spring

Hi everyone…  How is the summer treating you? I guess everyone will have big summer plans ahead. I think it is always good to do some travelling in the summer after handing in your assignments and especially getting your marks back.

Before you think that I have completely lost it, let me explain to you why I choose this title for my latest blog. My business seed is only sprouting now. I guess it is fair to say it is still the spring season for my business. So, I have yet to nurture my business to grow. d’ brew has a long way to go. Hopefully I will be able to enjoy the summer next year with a good harvest.

The most awesome thing about being part of The Big Pitch competition was getting discovered. And there was a small article about all three winners and CEDAR in the Cambridge Newspaper. Now I am planning to design a crowdfunding campaign for d’brew to raise another £5,000. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, I am planning to use this as a marketing tool to promote the brand. Secondly, I hope to gain new customers for d’brew.

Currently I am deciding on the crowdfunding platform for d’brew. Everything is so exciting and I am learning new things on a daily basis. Since I do not have any experience in crowdfunding, after talking to one of the Start-up Lab mentors James Barlow, he advised me to contact fellow ARU students who already have experience with it. So I made initial contact with this amazing student who already managed to run a successful crowdfunding campaign.

Before I forget, If anyone out there is a tea lover, d’ brew is launching this autumn. Subscribe to a special pre-launch preview and a discount voucher on the d’brew website. And it will be highly appreciated if those who subscribe to d’brew can share this among their friends.

Three of my good friends agreed to help with the business, so now we have four of us who will be working towards the success of d’ brew. I must admit it is more fun when there are four of us. Personally for me now I need to work twice as hard than before since I cannot let these three wonderful people down. And they together bring new flavour to d’brew. These days we are busy promoting our amazing website. Together we are the ingredients to make the perfect cuppa. So, in the near future I will introduce the d’brew crew.

Always do your best, what you plant now, you will harvest later. Og Mandino

PS. From own experience – harvest more than one seed to get a better harvest, and do not expect golden apple tree if you only sow crab apple seeds.