Shahida: It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas

Hi guys, hope all is well. Semester 1 has flown by so quickly, don’t you think?

With exams around the corner I think it’s fair to say everyone is snowed under with work, but hooray for getting this far. Daunting as it may seem, final year students, there isn’t long left of our undergraduate time here.

First and second year students, I hope you’ve settled into the academic year now too, and hey, at least it’s nearly Christmas! Yes, we all know there’s still those last few assignments, and exams and the ongoing dissertation – BUT we can still look forward to Christmas Day and the fast-approaching New Year! Can’t believe it’ll be 2015 soon…

There have been lots of things happening on campus this semester. Unfortunately I didn’t win the by-election for Cambridge communication rep but it was so much fun campaigning; give it a go when the elections come by again. :)

The Little Pitch competition is also really good fun and gives you a chance to win £140 – I haven’t won yet but I hope my eternal-life umbrella that never turns upside down even in those horrible ghastly winds wins at some point, because I for one wish that existed. It’s definitely getting a lot colder and wet and horrible, so wrap up warm fellow students, as I expect it will only get colder and it is the season to get ill, unfortunately.

With it being December, Cambridge recently had its Mill Road Winter Fair. What did everyone think of it? Lovely to see the community spirit Cambridge has to offer come alive, with everyone joining in and mingling. It was definitely a nice break from studies and got me in the festive spirit.

There is still so much to do and so little time but I think everyone is feeling like that. So back to work-mode guys… I am most definitely looking forward to the break before semester 2. It will be well deserved after this very stressful final-year semester 1.

Good luck with exams everyone – remember to keep happy and focused. And keep smiling.